Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My Favorite Thump!


Thump, thump....thump, thump...thump, thump....

The sound of Baby Myers' heartbeat has got to be one of the best sounds I've ever heard. Today was my 14 week routine check-up. It was a very quick visit - I came in, gave my regular urine sample, weighed in, heard the heartbeat, and scheduled our next apppointment! But those very few seconds when I got to hear the baby were amazing...I keep trying to replay the sound in my mind.

Because of my anorexic history, I don't really weigh myself. Normally, I just monitor my weight by how my clothes fit...which is pretty much impossible right now! So, basically, I've just asked my doctor to be honest with me as to whether I am gaining the right amount of weight. Today, she said I'm right on target - I haven't gained too much, but I've also gained enough to where she isn't concerned that I'm not taking good care of myself.

On a funnier note, my maternity jeans were in the laundry on Sunday, so I had to wear my regular jeans to church. WOW, that was uncomfortable! I won't be making that mistake again!! Thankfully, I just got an awesome shipment from my good friend, Brooke Allen - she's loaning my 5 pairs of maternity pants! AMAZING! I'm so thankful for generous friends who are willing to share. Thanks, Brooke!

The next Baby Myers appointment is December 7...which is when we will find out the sex of the baby! So far, the guesses are pretty split. The Chinese calendar says boy...do you think it's right?


1 comment:

  1. I've been saying "boy" from the moment I learned you were expecting!

    ReplyDelete